Small Talk at 125th and Lenox A Collection of Black Poems, Gil Scott-Heron
And Lenox: A Collection of Black Poems. Fine hardcover with very good plus jacket.
World Publishing (NYC and Cleveland), 1970. Description: First book by jazz poet and spoken word performer Scott-Heron. Collage of B&W photos and poems. Book (9 x 4.75) in black vertical cover with title and and publisher stamped in crisp silver and poet's name stamped in crisp copper; looks new with its perfect symmetry and unbent corners.
Inside covers offer differing B&W photographs. Very good plus unclipped jacket with some chipping and two inconspicuous minute tears on book jacket spine.
Gorgeous copy, both in design and condition. Specializing in signed first edition poetry books, chapbooks, & broadsides.
This item is in the category "Books & Magazines\Books". The seller is "higginsandcrowe" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Book Title: Small Talk at 125th and Lenox: A Collection of Bla
- Narrative Type: Nonfiction
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Topic: Collectibles, African Americans, Poetry, 60s, Hip Hop, spoken word, rap, Jazz
- Format: Hardcover
- Type: Poetry
- Features: 1st Edition, Dust Jacket
- Illustrator: Steve Wilson
- Vintage: Yes
- Author: Gil Scott-Heron
- Publication Year: 1970
- Language: English
- Intended Audience: Adults
- Publisher: WORLD Publishing Company
- Genre: black studies, afro-futurism, hip hop, Art & Culture, Modern & Contemporary, Photography
- Literary Movement: Post-Modernism
- Age Level: Adults
- Era: 20th Century
- Special Attributes: 1st Edition